Re: Configtool viewer selection

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
John Dallaway wrote:

This patch allows for the selection of text viewer and HTML viewer
executables under Linux. Checked-in.

Be careful here. Now that you've left eCosCentric, you do not have a valid copyright assignment in place with the FSF - you are no longer covered by the company one. As it happens, both the patches of the 30th probably both sneak under the "is a copyrightable work" bar... the first because it's small, and the second because it's essentially the same thing repeated a lot, although it's definitely thin ice.

Please get an assignment sorted out ASAP before any further patches. It's probably worth including the files in these patches in the part of the assignment which lists modifications to existing files, just in case.

I'll also mention here incidentally that there are a number of files which claim Copyright (C) 2003 John Dallaway 2003. Since you were employed by eCosCentric at that point, eCosCentric's assignment would apply, although in that case it's not quite clear to me why you put your own (C) on there. But if there is any doubt about that (although I don't think there can be any really), ensure those are included in the FSF assignment as other modified files. The files are:

host/tools/configtool/standalone/common/ecosconfig.cxx
host/tools/configtool/standalone/common/cdl_exec.cxx
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/admindlg.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/appsettings.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/appsettings.h
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/platformeditordlg.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/configtool.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/configtooldoc.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/docsystem.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/ecutils.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/ecutils.h
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/filename.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/mainwin.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/mainwin.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/makefile.gnu
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/packagesdlg.cpp
host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/symbols.h
host/tools/ecostest/common/eCosTestPlatform.cpp
packages/ecosadmin.tcl

No need to update the files themselves - I'll do that in the Grand Header Munge.

Jifl