Re: Update jffs2 from public MTD

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 10:51:42AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 13:30 +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> > Bart's just been telling me that he remembers David saying in the pub about
> > future JFFS2 contribs not being assigned. Sorry if I've forgotten that. So
> > is that still the case?

[..]

> You are correct -- since Red Hat IS pulled the plug on my servers
> without giving me even enough time to wind down the DNS expiry and move
> them to a new home, I stopped requiring copyright assignment. They no
> longer own CVS JFFS2.

Hi David

One thing to consider is maybe trying to get RedHat to contribute the
parts it owns to FSF when it transfers eCos. Would you be interested
in that? Would you be willing to require FSF copyright assingments for
jffs2?

Its something that must be acted on quickly if you think this is a
good idea. We would have to get assignments for the recent changes
which are not owned by RedHat.

      Andrew