Re: Way forward with FSF

Andrew Lunn wrote:
I suppose we should also consider what happens if it all falls through
with FSF. They change there mind, or say they don't have the resources
needed to sort this out until this SCO thing is sorted out, they go
bankrupt paying legal fees, get burnt down in a bush fire,... The
assignments are then in limbo, being held by eCosCentric waiting to be
tranferred to somewhere they cannot go.

I see your point, but I don't think we really have many alternatives. The public commitment isn't a legal thing, but since eCosCentric is focussed on eCos users, pissing off the entire eCos community in one fell swoop isn't exactly likely to be part of the agenda :-) (and I wouldn't be here if it was even considered!). If the maintainers collectively decide on a different course of action eCosCentric would abide by that.

I'd say this needs publically stating as part of the agreement to
forward to FSF. Its the obvious question people will ask when
considering why we are doing this intermediate solution. There is no
guarantee it will all be sorted out with FSF and people want to know
what happens then.

Sure. It's also publically archived on this list :).

Jifl