RE: Re: eCos Configuration Tool clewan and rebuild

Our approach in the past was to use the GUI tool but I agree that your
approach is better since the script file more or less self-documents the
process and is easily tracked under revision control.  Getting from the
GUI based configuration to script based configuration requires some
trial and error grunt work with file comparison tools to figure out
exactly what options were changed in the GUI but it's probably worth it
in the long run.

You asked what I meant by "cleaning".  The GUI tool basically has three
build options: clean, library and tests.  I had tried using the build
clean option, expecting it to remove all intermediate and output files
(including my linker file) but this didn't seem to do what I expected.

Thanks for the tips.  This has helped clarify the situation immensely.

Michael