Re: RE: New features required on Cortex-M platform

Hi Andrew

We appreciate your interest in eCos and we will welcome uGFX as an added
value to eCos.

However due to uGFX licence terms, that disallow commercial use we can
not allow it into main eCos repository.

This is not an end of story, because eCos offers an elegant way for
users that will want uGFX on eCos, to have it. It is eCos Package
Distribution Ref:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/cdl-guide/package.distrib.html .

uGFX EPK (eCos package) is a simple way for distribution of eCos module
sources. You sumply put uGFX EPK at your download page and users can
import it in their private eCos repositories with few clicks. The
package can also contain the licence that will be presented to the user
for acceptance. Should you put uGFX package somewhere on the net we can
point it by a link eCos site: http://ecos.sourceware.org/contrib.html .

Some technical considerations: eCos has a well defined I/O layer and
Framebuffer is a part of it. Therefore we strongly recommend Framebuffer
support as an option. Of course if you have time and there's technical
merit you can implement both options.

Regards to both Andrew and Jerzy

Ilija Kocho, eCos maintainer