Re: Yet another eCos Flight

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Paul Beskeen wrote:

> On 09/01/2013 20:23, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> > Hi List
> >
> > Happy New Year!
> >
> > Find, please, yet another success story about eCos on the board micro
> > satellite
> >
> >   http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2213/1
> >
> > eCos (free open source real-time operating system) drives Chibis-M just
> > now
> >
> >   http://chibis.cosmos.ru/trajectory
>
> Excellent write up of a fascinating project Sergei, thanks for posting.
>
> Happy New Year!
> Paul.
> --
>          Paul Beskeen, Chairman & Director of Engineering
> http://www.ecoscentric.com/ phone:+44 7717 220404 fax:+44 1223 248712

Today we've got congratulations with 1-year anniversary the mission
(Chibis-M was deployed 2012/01/25). Though, why we only? I want to thank
*all* who contributed (and continue contribute) to eCos/RedBoot project.
There are your lines in C, bits, and bytes in that aluminum box! Special
thanks to Gary Tomas for RedBoot, Uwe Kindler for CAN drivers and uSTL
port and Anthony Tonizzo for his objloader. Anthony, thrice object
modules were re-programmed (fixed) from Earth thanking objloader. I do
not want anyone to miss, if you contributed to the project that means
you helped us. What "one-year" speaks about? As for me it speaks about
high code quality eCos.

Thank you!
Sergei

Appendix. Lists of used eCos packages

Main eCos application (attitude control software):

    cdl_configuration eCos {
        template    default ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_CAN current ;
        package CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_LPC2XXX current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_I2C current ;
        package CYGPKG_DEVS_I2C_ARM_LPC2XXX current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_SPI current ;
        package CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_LPC2XXX current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_WATCHDOG current ;
        package CYGPKG_DEVICES_WATCHDOG_ARM_LPC2XXX current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_ADC current ;
        package CYGPKG_DEVS_ADC_ARM_LPC2XXX current ;
        package CYGPKG_FS_JFFS2 current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_FLASH current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO current ;
        package CYGPKG_CRC current ;
        package CYGPKG_LINUX_COMPAT current ;
        package CYGPKG_USTL current ;
        package CYGPKG_OBJLOADER current ;
        package CYGPKG_CPULOAD current ;
    };

RedBoot:

    cdl_configuration eCos {
        template    canboot ;
        package CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_FLASH current ;
        package CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_LPC2XXX current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_CAN current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO current ;
        package CYGPKG_ERROR current ;
        package CYGPKG_COMPRESS_ZLIB current ;
        package CYGPKG_FS_JFFS2 current ;
        package CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO current ;
        package CYGPKG_LINUX_COMPAT current ;
        package CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ;
        package CYGPKG_LIBC_I18N current ;
        package CYGPKG_LIBC_STDLIB current ;
        package CYGPKG_MEMTESTER current ;
    };

NOTE: Our "canboot" template set-up a bit re-factored RedBoot code (that
is an one-thread eCos application, with auxiliary I/O channels (CAN) and
firmware load protocol), but mostly, it is RedBoot code.