Re: Redboot for FSL TWRK70F120M with Linux kernel booting

Hi Ilija & all,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Ilija Kocho <ilijak@siva.com.mk> wrote:
> Hi Linh
>
> Thank you for the files. Now it works (I had errors in MCG structure).
>
> On 15.03.2012 05:04, Linh Nguyán wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Ilija Kocho <ilijak@siva.com.mk> wrote:
>>> I think you don't need to add dram region but simply declare dram as
>>> main ram.
>>> I think it will be easiest for you if you use TWR-K60N512-FXM target as
>>> example. (added recently so you may need to update/checkout eCos). It is
>>> very similar to what you probably need - only with FlexBus external
>>> memory instead of DDR. Probably in addition to initialization code you
>>> only need to change base address and size of RAM and it should work.
>>>
>>> I hope this helps. Looking forward to your feedback.
>> Hi Ilija and all,
>> I have replace DRAM as main RAM as your K60 fxm and it is OK
>> currently. But I have another problem about ether net :).
>> With the same situation, when I use internal RAM the ethernet can get
>> BOOTP with DHCP ip immediately with booting, but when I use DRAM as
>> main RAM the board can't get BOOTP information, it said "networking is
>> not available". Do you know where is the reason? Thanks so much.
>
> On my Tower RedBoot works with Ethernet and DDR that would exclude
> hardware incompatibility. I would suggest you to try if you have
> forgotten to add Common Ethernet Support.
>
> If yes, then please describe your current software configuration of eCos
> and FS modules.

In my situation, Common Ethernet Support added, and ethernet work well
when I use internal ram as main ram. But when I use external dram as
main ram, ethernet does not work :).

Although my eCos work with K70 but it does not work with other boards
& many hard-code for K70 only :). On the other hand, my main purpose
when using Redboot for K70 is booting Linux kernel for it. So if you
have done Redboot for K70 and it works well, please share it soon ^^!
I think it better than mine.

> Ilija

Thanks & Regards,
Linh Nguyen