Questions about ipv6_routing_thread

I'm looking at net/common/current/src/ipv6_routing_thread.c, and I
can't figure out what it's actually supposed to be doing.  It doesn't
appear do anything with any of the required fields in an
advertisement.  It's got code that claims to "process the optional
fields", but it doesn't really seem to do anything with any of the
optional fields it is "processing" either.

AFAICT, the only thing the thread does is to store the source address
from the most recently received advertisement and provide an accessor
function to retrieve that address.  There's no way to tell if that
address is a valid router address or to retrieve the data that came in
the advertisement.

Can somebody explain what the routing thread is for?  [It doesn't seem
to do any routing.]

There are a bunch of functions exposed to the global namespace:

   cyg_net_get_ipv6_advrouter()
   sleep_msg()
   get_realtime()
   send_rs_packet()
   receive_ra_packet()
   check_timer()

I see what the first one is for.  Are the rest supposed to be useful?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Are we laid back yet?
                                  at