Re: Application behavior for exceptions with RedBoot Rom monitor

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011, Elad Yosef wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm having some issue with exceptions in my application.
> My target is based on the Malta.
>
> How can I disable the GDB code in the RedBoot from handling the exceptions?
> What I'm trying to achieve is that in run-time (not debug) the
> exceptions will not be handled by stub code, but fall into my code.
> I want it to be run time decision - if gdb connected go to stub else
> go to my code
>
> Elad

Hi Elad,

Keyword: HAL_VSR_SET_TO_ECOS_HANDLE

If I understood you correctly you try to achieve

HAL_VSR_SET_TO_ECOS_HANDLER() ensures that the VSR for a specific
exception is pointing at the eCos exception VSR and not one for RedBoot
or some other ROM monitor. The default when running under RedBoot is for
exceptions to be handled by RedBoot and passed to GDB. This macro
diverts the exception to eCos so that it may be handled by application
code. The arguments are the VSR vector to be replaces, and a location in
which to store the old VSR pointer, so that it may be replaced at a
later point. [1]_

.. [1] http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-interrupt-handling.html

Sergei