Re: STM3210E crash

Hi Alan

Alan Bowman wrote:

> I have also noticed a slightly odd piece of configuration data - the
> default chip type for the board is listed as an STM32F103ZE, when my
> board appears to have an STM32F103ZD.  The different is in the amount
> of internal flash that the chip has available.  The configuration
> option never seems to be used anywhere as far as I can see.  I assume
> that it doesn't make much difference, provided my program is small
> enough to fit on the smaller flash.  Does anyone know if there are
> different versions of the eval board?

According to the user manual, the original STM3210E-EVAL board was
fitted with an STM32F103ZET6. I've not observed any stability issues
with this board when fitted with an STM32F103ZET6, but I've not used ROM
startup except for RedBoot.

The latest boards have an STM32F103ZGT6 which has 96kB internal SRAM. Ref:

  http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/um/14220.pdf
     (pages 1 and 47)

Some board vendors will fit alternative parts on request. Perhaps your
particular board has been customised?

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer