RE: tiny webserver - CGI, SSI directive, and identification

Thomas:

> I saw ATHTPPD isn't support anymore

Where exactly did you _see_ that? Can you point me to the place
that says so?

> and search a different way server for:
> - CGI request

As explained in a previous post, the CGI mechanism is hard to
implement in embedded systems in the same way that it works
for, say,  Linux. But if you still need some sort of CGI, you have
3 choices with ATHTTPD:

1) C callbacks (my favourite)
2) Jim scripts
3) OBJLOADER files

If none of these will work for you, that probably means you are
looking at something more like Apache than ATHTTPD, and
eCos is likely not your solution.

> - SSI directive request (ATHTTPD can't do that, right?)

No it cannot, by choice. When I decided which features were going
to be implemented in ATHTTPD and which were not going to
make the cut, SSI was firmly out. Why should I bother implement it?
It was hardly used back then, never mind now.

Even implementing the simplest subset of SSI commands that
are possible in an embedded system (think the #include SSI
directive) would have required tons of code that did not fit well
in a server that was designed from the beginning to be tiny and
manageable.

Of course, that does not mean that you could not write that code
and contribute it back to the repository... ;)

- Identification

ATHTTPD implements basic and MD5 identification. Admittedly
it has not been tested with all the new versions of web server, and
I have heard reports of differences in the number of spaces, commas
and other text that is being exchanged by different clients, but that
said, authentication worked just fine a while ago and have not
received any bug report in that sense.

Regards
Tony