Re: Beginners troubles

Robert

Robert Gosztyla wrote:

> With this line i'm trying to compile it:
>
> arm-eabi-gcc -g -Os -Ifirst_install/include test1.c -Lfirst_install/lib -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib
>
> but question is - should i use arm-eabi-gcc.exe?

Yes. When building eCos application code we generally use separate
invocations of arm-eabi-gcc for compiling and linking. You also need to
specify various target-specific compiler flags. Use the eCos examples
makefile as an example of how to do this:

  cd /opt/ecos/ecos-3.0/examples
  make INSTALL_DIR=/your/path/to/first_install

You may find that you don't have enough target memory to link the
examples, but the various flags used when compiling and linking should
be correct for your LPC2124 target.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer