Re: Re: Question about RedBoot Networking

Please, do not top-post.

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010, Jingzhao wrote:

[snip]

I am using eCos 3.0 with "i386 PC Target (vmWare)".

Yes, you are right, the "CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS" is missing. From the
ecc file, I can see the following lines

# Redboot Networking
# This option includes networking support in RedBoot.
#
cdl_component CYGPKG_REDBOOT_NETWORKING {
   # This option is not active
   # ActiveIf constraint: CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS
   #     CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS (unknown) == 0
   #   --> 0

Any idea why the lines related to "CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS" is commented
out? I am doing development on a Lin64 RedHat 4 machine.

As I said you had to add the package. If you use CLI eCos config tool the steps would be

  ecosconfig new pc_wmWare redboot
  ecosconfig add eth_drivers

NOTE: 'eth_drivers' is alias for CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS package.

Also, you have not use default startup for RedBoot, FLOPPY? Set that
properly.

I believe in that what you can do the same using GUI eCos config tool:

  Build
    Packages

If your VMware bundle will support eCos Ethernet NIC for PC WMware
target, I hope you can get networking on it, though there is *NO
WARRANTY*. Seek on the list I call someones managed it.

Sergei