RedBoot and eCos in simulator for ARM architecture

Hi all,
to play around with eCos I'd like to run it on my PC, but in an ARM
simulator (as I'd like to do ARM eCos development).

I tried to run it in qemu, but without success.

Does anybody know any simulator in which I can do some of the following :

1) Boot into RedBoot bootloader
2) Have a RedBoot console to play around, do eth connection, download
application from PC server
3) Jump from RedBoot to application entrypoint and run application
4) Connect to simulator via gdb and debug

Thanks and best regards,
Drasko