From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Sergei Gavrikov
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:41 PM
To: Sergei Gavrikov
Cc: cetoni GmbH - Uwe Kindler; eCos discuss list
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Re: Flash support for ea2648 target

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> Uwe Kindler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the EA2468 target uses the generic CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_SST_39VF3201
>> flash driver. You should check, if the flash device returns the
>> proper manufacturer ID (0x00BF) and device ID (0x235B) in function
>> sst_init() in flash_sst_39vfxxx.inl. Maybe the flash part changed?
>>
>> Uwe
>
> Hi Uwe,
>
> Thank you for your quick and kindly reply! I hope this point will help
> the followers of the "ea2468" targets.

Hello Uwe,

FYI: Youqiang Zou sent me an information and his own snippet. He added
CYG_FLASH_DRIVER definition to flash_ae2468.c. May be that's it, because
then I saw such an entry in SST ChangeLog

2008-11-17  Jonathan Larmour  <drop his email address>

         * cdl/flash_sst_39vf400.cdl:
         Don't implement CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE here. Leave it for
         the chip driver.

... and this was happened after that you had distributed your port.

I asked him to send a patch in the eCos patches list. Thus I did not see
Zou on the eCos lists. In any case that is something likes a thing is
under "10-lines" limit.

Regards,

Sergei