RE: idle thread not required

> Le 4 févr. 10 à 05:16, ganesh kr a écrit :
>
> > I have my own idle thread defined in my application with lowest thread
> > priority. Please let me know how can I desable the default idle thread
> > present in eCos package? Is there any default idle thread at all? Also
> > If assign my application idle thread with priority 0, it does not run.
> > Any idea why is like that.

> From: Behalf Of Peter Niebert
>
> The idle thread in eCOS as in most systems puts the processor in a low
> energy mode / sleep mode, only to wake up at the next
> interrupt.
>
> In theory, you could achieve the same effect in  a scheduler without
> an idle thread, but that would imply that the scheduler would
> have to distinguish between no thread ready (idle) and some thread
> ready. The idle thread, always ready, is a smart convenience
> allowing to simplify the code of schedulers.
>
> You do not want to get rid of it :-)

Furthermore, it is "disabled" merely by always having a higher priority
runnable thread.

Also, priority 0 is the highest priority, not the lowest. If you have one
always runnable thread at priority 0, then it should be running all the
time. If you don't think it's running at all, is it possible that you are
relying upon some other thread to pass information out to you, like an
Ethernet thread?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco