From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@mlbassoc.com]
Sent: 14. januar 2010 23:05
To: Alex Lindeijer
Cc: ecos-discuss@sourceware.org; Fahd Abi di
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Use of Lauterback debugger

On 01/14/2010 02:50 PM, Alex Lindeijer wrote:
> Hi again
> we set the DE (debug enable) also manually at a break long after
startup. But then it is reset again. We checked kode around interupt
handling but haven't found the code responsible for resetting. It is
certainly not done in out application code. So any hint in where the
resetting could happen is welcome,

Look at .../ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/mpc85xx/current/include/var_regs.h
I think you need to change MSR_COMMON to include MSR_DE

I'm not sure what its called in ecos. Search in there for MSR or MSR[DE]
and you will find the reference for it.

> Fahd
>
> ________________________________

in the config tool. I have look in kernel code for MSR macros etc but
those didn't explain the resetting of this bit.

> Alex Lindeijer | 3D perception AS
> Senior System Designer
> alex.l@3d-perception.com
> T: +47 97540959
>

> www.3D-perception.com<http://www.3D-perception.com>
> Achieving Your Vision

where it ignores the code path to disable the debug interrupt bit. This
is typically how this issue is handled in uboot or the Linux kernel.

> Fahd
>

> ________________________________

Lindeijer
> Sent: Wed 1/13/2010 2:30 PM
> To: ecos-discuss@sourceware.org
> Subject: [ECOS] Use of Lauterback debugger
>
> Hi
> We are trying to use a Lauterbach hardware debugger on a MPC8541. For
> the debugger to work( like breakpoints/stepping) the debug interrupt
> enable bit in the Machine State Register must be set. However we see
> that even when we set it (at start-up in the kernel or manually when
> breaking/continuing), it is reset by some code in the ecos kernel.
Does

http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss