cyg_io_lookup() allways returns ENOENT

Hi,

running my AT91SAM7X256-EK with the eCos configuration from template "default", I would like to acess the CAN device driver.
As I am not experienced with drivers, I simply called cyg_io_lookup("/dev/can0",&handle), but I got the ENOENT error. The same
result for /dev/tty0, /sev/ser0, /dev/spi0, and so on.
The method of searching for a directory-like string sounds like in real hich level system with file handling; but my small AT91 runs
everything from ROM without a file system. Is this the problem?

One more silly question: I did not find a string like "/dev/..." in the ecos tree, but anyone (the low-level device-driver can_at91sam7.c?)
has to register at the eCos devTable with this name?!?

Thanks in advance,
Bernhard