Re: How to connect RedBoot via Telnet running application

Hello,Gary,and everyone,

I am sorry I forgot ecos-discuss ,so I resend almost same mail.

Gary wrote
I'd like to connect to RedBoot via Telnet during target's running net
application.
I tried to run nc_test_slave program as application and connect to
RedBoot via Telnet from host's cygwin.
The result is below.

$ telnet 172.16.1.200 9000
Trying 172.16.1.200...
<...snip>

Once your application is started, RedBoot is no longer available.

Why are you trying to do this?

I would like to load new application object to target using RedBoot via Telnet from host PC during target's application running.

I also like to use RedBoot' monitor functions like "dump".

Is it impossible ?
I got an impression from Anthony J. Massa's book that if setted two
different IP addresses between RedBoot and application,I could connect to
RedBoot via Telnet during application running. Am I mistaken ?

m mariga