athttpd update

short story: athttpd is stable, but orphaned.

If someone wants to step up and take the reins this is as good an
oportunity as any.

athttpd has been living on www.ecosforge.net for a while. There are no
changes(to my knowledge) that are in eCos CVS and not on
www.ecosforge.net and the athttpd version in eCos CVS is *very*
dated by now.

The situation is now that we (Zylin) is phasing out athttpd(which
served us well) in favour of libmicrohttpd, which works out of the box
with eCos and has an LGPL license and also works w/uClinux,
Linux, etc. From a performance/size point of view, I don't honestly
know the differences between athttpd/libmicrohttpd, because we
have never worked on a project where it mattered. Another
advantage of libmicrohttpd is that the evident user base is
vastly larger than for athttpd.

Adding Jim Tcl support, as we have done, to libmicrohttpd is trivial and
possibly best done in the actual application using libmicrohttpd.

--
Ãyvind Harboe
Embedded software and hardware consulting services