Re: eCos xscale problem

On 2009-08-04, Saurabh Kadekodi <saurabhkadekodi@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have done the modification in :
> packages/hal/arm/xscale/titan/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h
> (base directory being that of ecos)

> Unfortunately on building redboot; that file isn't recompiled
> at all. Thus the value of the register MSC0 remains same after
> booting.

The Makefiles generated by the eCos config tool aren't 100%
dependancy-complete.  What I mean is that they don't always
detect changes to all relevent source files.  For some sorts of
changes, you need to start with an empty directory, generate a
fresh build tree, and build everything from scratch.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm dressing up in
                                  at               an ill-fitting IVY-LEAGUE