Re: eCos heartbeat function handler

Thank you Christophe! This is exactly the same which I was looking for!

After further analyze I got answer to several my questions, including
responsibility of Cyg_RealTimeClock class.

But there is one more question, where I'm having little difficulty.
That is: after h/w tick interrupt - first ISR of that interrupt then
DSR is called. And as you told:

> The tick value is incremented from the DSR:
>
> void Cyg_RealTimeClock::dsr(cyg_vector vector, cyg_ucount32 count, CYG_ADDRWORD data)
>    rtc->tick( count );

and in tick( cyg_uint32 ticks ) function there is loop
(\kernel\current\src\common\clock.cxx) :

while( ticks-- )
{
}

where *ticks* is the value provided by call from DSR. So, my confusion
is what is value of this *ticks* and why we need decrement it in
*while* loop?

There is comment in source code:

// Increment the counter in a loop so we process
// each tick separately. This is easier than trying
// to cope with a range of increments.

but, couldn't get any idea.