Re: I have a problem when porting ecos to lpc2468

Hi,

jasonlee wrote:
Tanks,is anybody have this prolem,I have port the redboot to lpc2468 and is
working well.SO,I want to run hello sample on my DEMO machine.
follow is the info

[...]
# arm-eabi-gdb a.out

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
diag_dump_buf_with_offset (p=<value optimized out>, s=0, base=0x13
"?b_@?\030?\237?\030?\237?@")
at /home/jason/ecosdir/ecos-3.0/packages/infra/v3_0/src/diag.cxx:634
634 }
Current language: auto; currently c++
(gdb) load
Ignoring packet error, continuing...

Well - this happens when the protocol of the gdb is wrong. Often because
the processor received an exception. You have to figure out the cause of that. (And in this state it is very useful to have a JTAG debugger.)

i ever use the another way to run "hello"program, use the redboot,
#load -b 0xa1000000 -r -m xmodem
#i sent the a.bin file to targe............
#go 0xa1000000
__________is stop here,

Same thing. Something is going wrong. Time for the hardware debugger. If you do not have one you could try to compile the HAL with assertions. (However - you'll get output only if the serial interface was set up correctly before. When the error occurs before that initialization you can try to use the LED macros.) If I remember correctly they report exceptions of the processor. So you could get a hint where to search.
Sometime it is simply a stack overflow. So try to increase the stack of you application first.

Greetings,
 Martin L.