Re: how to configure eCos small enough to run on at91sam7s64

hi, Andrew Lunn
Thank you for your reply. I have some more questions. Can you or
anyone else to help me? It's really tricky at the beginning. Without
the eCos small enough to run on at91sam7s64. I can't execute the
helloWorld demo. Thank you
very much.

2009/5/27 Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 02:09:59PM +0800, wb ning wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am only start to use eCos. And now i have setup my own environment,
>> that's cygwin + eCos.
>> Next Step i should configure it using Configuration Tools.exe. There
>> is a template of Atmel AT91SAM7SEK evaluation board came with the
>> distribution yet.
>> But because sam7s64 has very limited ROM size (64KB), I should make
>> some changes to suit this small size. Unload some useless Package.. or
>> something like that. ?But I found even there is no conflict when i
>> unload some packages. Errors would occur at Make time. That's really a
>> tricky for a new user, Besides the remain size of the image is still
>> very large, about 130K,
>>
>> Can anyone give some help about how to configuration it with no making
>> errors happened?
>
> $ ecosconfig new at91sam7sek minimal

This minimal package contain USB driver support. How can i get rid of
that, i think it will consume many memory, and i don't need that. I
can't understand why author contain that thing in a miminal mode.

> U CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_AT91, new inferred value AT91SAM7S
> U CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_AT91_FIQ, new inferred value 1
> lunn@londo:~/eCos/work$ ecosconfig add i2c
> $ ecosconfig tree
> lunn@londo:~/eCos/work$ make -s
> headers finished
> /home/lunn/eCos/anoncvs-clean/packages/hal/arm/at91/var/current/src/hal_diag.c: In function 'cyg_hal_plf_serial_isr':
> /home/lunn/eCos/anoncvs-clean/packages/hal/arm/at91/var/current/src/hal_diag.c:260: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'cyg_hal_is_break' differ in signedness
> build finished
>
> This is as about as small as you can get without digging too deep.
> Yes, it can be smaller, but that requires more understanding of eCos.
>
>> or someone has the xx.ecc for at91sam7s64 that suit
>> my need? Time is press for me to find out the minmum size of the eCos
>> image, ( the eCos only need to support serial port, TWI, ADC)
>
> There is no ADC support for AT91SAM7 platforms at the moment. You will
> need to write your own driver.

The At91SAM7 serial contain 8 channels AD themselves, So we don't a
ADC driver to use that?

> Also, remember that you need to use arm-elf-size to look at the
> code/data size, not the size of the elf image.

After building the library, i  use the command " arm-eabi-gcc -g
-IBASE_DIR/ecos-work/install/include hello.c
-LBASE_DIR/ecos-work/install/lib -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib" to build the
HelloWorld test. Then a "a.out" exist. But when i
use shell command "./a.out", i cann't get any output. Must i have
download to the board to run the test?
i can find the size of the "a.out" is 137k.  Is this size the same as
your said "code/data size", How can i get the *.elf file and use
arm-eabi-size to find out the code/data size?