Re: eCos bring up on OMAP3530 (Cortex-A8)

vivin uthappa <vivinuthappa@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Nick,
>
>     The OMAP3 EVM board that we use here comes with U-Boot installed.
> To get the eCos kernel image running on the target board is it
> necessary that the bootloader has to be RedBoot? If the answer is "no"
> then is there anything we need to watch out for while using U-Boot
> instead of RedBoot to bootup eCos?

Generally we would replace U-Boot with RedBoot in order to bring up a
board. I have no experience of getting eCos to boot from U-Boot, maybe
others do.

--
Nick Garnett                                       eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com       The eCos experts