Re: NAND support

Simon Kallweit wrote:
Hi there

I was wondering what the current state of the NAND subsystem from Rutger Hofman is. I'm currently working on a port of the UFFS filesystem (http://gouffs.googlepages.com/) which is intended to work on NAND flash.

What made you select UFFS? It licence, or its properties? Care to share your reasons to not use YAFFS?

I would be interested to see a UBI/UBIFS port too. My guess is that the NAND flash interface required by UBI is very small, and it might turn out that porting it to use eCos NAND is trivial. This would mean a UBI/UBIFS in user space though, and I don't know how much work that would mean, and whether it would be supported by the MTD people.

Rutger