question about sntp

Hi - I am trying to use SNTP in unicast mode.  The documentation says

By default, this list is configured with NTP server information received from DHCP. The number of NTP servers that are extracted from DHCP can be configured with the CYGOPT_NET_SNTP_UNICAST_MAXDHCP option. This option can also be used to disable DHCP usage entirely.

This is exactly what I want to do.  I have a statically assigned IP addr and I don't want to use DHCP at all.  I just want SNTP to ask the server that I have configured cyg_sntp_set_servers(struct sockaddr *server_list, cyg_uint32 num_servers); for the time.

My problem is I can't figure out how to disable it.  I tried setting it to 0 and it still is using DHCP - so I end up with 2 ip addresses assigned to the same mac address.  Can anyone give me a hint?  Thanks!

cdl_option CYGNUM_NET_SNTP_UNICAST_MAXDHCP {
    # Flavor: booldata
    user_value 0 0
    # value_source user
    # Default value: 1 2
    # Legal values: 1 to 8
    # Requires: CYGPKG_NET_DHCP
    #     CYGPKG_NET_DHCP == 1
    #   --> 1
};

Important : This message is intended only for the recipient(s) identified above by the originator or forwarder of this message and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged. If you have any reason to believe or suspect that this message may have come to you in error, please notify the originator of this message of your receipt of it, refrain from sharing this message with anyone else, delete it from each computer or server on which it is stored (without copying it or printing it out) and take no other action based on its content. Thank you.