Re: eCos 3.0 beta 1 now available for download

Hi John
$(filter-out -Woverloaded-virtual -fno-rtti,$(ECOS_GLOBAL_CFLAGS))
Very helpful, thanks. Here I learn some make magic.
I know these compiler flags come from ECOS_GLOBAL_CFLAGS but i need
info. how to get rid of them. Can I just remove them from
hal_arm_mac7100_mac7100evb.cdl? Btw. they are present in other platforms
too (LPC 2xxx, etc.)

The issue is that these flags are required for C++ files but deliver the
warning you observe for C files. In the future, we should treat the
CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS separately at the configuration level.

I highly encourage you for this. Having separate flags for C and C++ is good even if they are 90% same.
You could introduce ECOS_GLOBAL_CXXFLAGS.

Since CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_MAC7100 requires CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_BIGENDIAN == 1 you
could reduce the number of initial conflicts by adding "-mbig-endian" to
CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS and CYGBLD_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS in your platform HAL
packages. However, some configuration changes are unavoidable when
switching targets.

It didn't change the situation and since effectively it is not a problem we can leave as is for the time being.

However I found out that setting CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_BIGENDIAN == 1 requirement triggers: CYGBLD_GLOBAL_FLAGS, CYGBLD_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS and CYGBLD_HAL_ARM_EABI resolutions that look strange to me.

Regards
Ilija

P.S. Also thanks to Sergei for his post.