Re: arm-elf toolchain doesn't work?

Hi Grant

Grant Edwards wrote:

> I just installed the Cygwin arm-elf toolchains using
>
>   ecos-install.tcl --tools-only
>
> The gcc binary doesn't appear to be working.  Invoking
> "arm-elf-gcc --version" produces no output and returns with an
> exit code of 53.

I could believe that some binary incompatibility has crept into Cygwin
since this toolchain was built (March 2003). If you need to build eCos
2.0 unmodified, you may have to re-build the Cygwin-hosted arm-elf
toolchain. Or you could consider installing older versions of the
various Cygwin packages using the Cygwin Time Machine:

  http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/index.html#cygwintimemachine

Of course, the latest eCos sources work with our new arm-eabi toolchain
builds which are much more recent.

John Dallaway