Re: Ecos on the Technologic Systems - TS7300

Gary Thomas wrote:
Austin, Brian wrote:
Yes.

Please don't top-post :-(

Have you tried building for an EP9302?

He'd have to get the eCos sources from Cirrus Logic. James, have you explored this?

Also, can you get the sources to TSBOOT?  That would help your
cause quite a lot.

Did it build ok?

-----Original Message----- From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of James Bewley Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 12:11 PM To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com; Mike Nelis Subject: [ECOS] Ecos on the Technologic Systems - TS7300

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting ecos running on the TS7300 SBC, although it
currently looks like this board is unsupported.  So without getting
too far into the ecos code to port it i've been compiling redboot
using several configs, one for TS7250 and more generic configs based
around the Cirrus logic EP9302 arm.

Has anyone managed to get ecos/redboot running on this SBC or even the
EP9302?

I'm interested in getting redboot on this board as it currently only
has TSBOOT, a very limited bootloader supplied by TS.  I have however
been using TSBOOT to load redboot into ram and executing it from
there.

This board lacks JTAG or any other ICE interface so i guess my main
priority at the moment it to get some output from COM1 for debugging.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

James Bewley

I got a port (minus Ethernet, which I didn't need) on the TS-7200 when it first appeared around 4 yrs ago. The lack of JTAG makes it a little painful, but it's do-able. That board used Redboot, so there was a good starting point. Contact Technologic to see if they ported Redboot before switching to the Linux quick-boot. If not, compare the Redboot ports for the other Technologic boards to see how their hardware tends to differ from the Cirrus eval board(s).

I couldn't submit my port because it was based on the Technologic code, which was based on the Cirrus code. I tried to rally Cirrus to submit their port, but got no response. I eventually just handed my port to Technologic, hoping they could resolve it. I gather Cirrus made significant improvements to their port in the intervening years.

But Brian Austin works for Cirrus. Right? Any news, Brian?

- Frank