Re: Starting new eCos project

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 03:14:44PM -0400, Chris Zimman wrote:
> > By supported i mean it is available in the public eCos tree and the
> > recommended toolchain works (apart from with JFFS2, which is a well
> > know issue).
>
> This is a good example of what I was talking about with regards to tool
> chains.  I can't imagine that there's a problem per se with JFFS2 and a given
> tool chain, but rather with the public eCos JFFS2 code in general.

Actually, it is a problem with a given tool chain version. We have
looked at the generated code and it is wrong for the C code.

> The code bases aren't all that different.  Most of the stuff in the eCosPro
> tree is support for platforms that aren't in the public trees yet.

Having no access to it, it cannot say....

> > There is also people who have EABI working in there own private
> > trees. However this has not yet made it back into the eCos CVS tree.
>
> I will gladly make the changes available.  I just thought we might test it a
> bit more.

> Well, I can offer up a patch set, but can't guarantee it'll go in.  It'll
> probably be included in the 3.0 release though, so I'm not too worried about
> it for the time being.

Humm, interesting comment about 3.0. What are you basing this on? I've
not heard that eCosCentric are contributing their code. I've not seen
a contribution from anybody else either.

  Andrew