RE: Finding IP address of eCos devices from Windows/Linux PC

> I've got eCos devices that have DHCP enabled.
>
> Can anyone suggest a robust method for finding the IP address of the eCos
> devices?

Øyvind, your problem is *exactly* the same problem I have at my work, where our broken DNS system requires me to connect a monitor to any Linux box I bring up (normally I run them w/o a monitor), so that I can figure out its DHCP-given IP address.

The best solution for me is for the company to fix DNS, such that the computer (or, in your case, an eCos device) can be given a hostname that the entire network can access.

I know this doesn't help much, but I figured I'd point out this is a common problem in DNS-less networks.

Good luck,
Steve
PowerFile, Inc