Re: GCC 4.3.2 toolchains for arm, cortex, mips, powerpc

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Sergei Gavrikov <sg@belvok.com> wrote:
> Øyvind Harboe writes:
>> Sergei Gavrikov wrote:

>> > Øyvind, thank you for your contribution. Before to start download I read
>> > a point on the http://www.zylin.com/gccbinary.html page:
>> >
>> >  The binaries contain the authoritative source of what build options
>> >  that were used.
>>
>> Yes. Run gcc -v.
>
> It's wondeful to know about dumping GCC build options and it's specs
> after downloading XXL archive :-) I have 128/32K connection. And what's
> about binutils, newlib, gdb? Did you configure that using the prefix and
> the target/host/build triplet only? I guessed you didn't.

It takes time to test & document all this, but my intention is to get more info
on the web page itself once the dust settles.

>> You can download them from the GCC mirrors, why would you want
>> them from Zylin?
>>
>> Don't you know where the GCC mirrors are?
>
> Yes, I do. More that I have the copies of the referenced packages on my
> disk and therefore I asked you about your steps (guide ?) just in a text
> form, but no 7-zip :-) to replicate any build.  I dislike RTBF and
> most like UTSL
> http://web.bilkent.edu.tr/Online/Jargon30/JARGON_R/RTFB.HTML
> http://web.bilkent.edu.tr/Online/Jargon30/JARGON_U/UTSL.HTML
>
> You asked about a feedback. And I guess that the testers would compare
> their build steps with your ones.

I'm travelling down a lot of blind alleys while putting together this.

Once the dust settles and I'm reasonably satisified that my scripts
are helpful to anyone else, I'll upload them.

> In any case, thank you for your spent time, bogomips and disk storage to
> contribute the toolchains.
>
> http://www.zylin.com/gcc/binaries/linux/nocortex-arm-elf.tar.bz2
>  (try: 6) => `nocortex-arm-elf.tar.bz2'
> Connecting to 192.168.0.1:3128... connected.
> Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 206 Partial Content
> Length: 54,147,927 (52M), 44,574,970 (43M) remaining [application/x-tar]
>
> 19% [++++++>                              ] 10,440,434    --.--K/s  ETA
>
> I wonder what I'll got then... GCC/newlib/binutils/gdb sources?

Sources not included in that download.

If you tought 34mByte was big for a binary, how about a 150mByte arm-elf
multilb download w/zip, which is why I'm using .7r for Windows binaries :-)

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html