Re: eCos 3.0 planning

On 2008-07-18, John Dallaway <jld@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

[regarding a 3.0 release]

Bravo!

While it is true that most experienced users work off of a CVS
snapshot, most beginners seem to start by installing the
"latest release".  Then when something doesn't work or isn't
supported, they're told that the "latest release" is hopelessly
obsolete and they should switch to CVS.  IMO, wasting new users'
time like that starts them off with a bad taste in their
mouths.  A new release will go a long way towards making eCos
seem like a viable project to outsiders.

> * Support for Microsoft Vista within the eCos host tools

Good luck.  I'm glad I'm not invovled in that... ;)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Let me do my TRIBUTE
                                  at               to FISHNET STOCKINGS ...