How to startup from ROM only?

hi,

I am new to ecos and am working on a freescale development board
(mx31ads) with MX31,an ARM11 processor, and aim to build ROM-only
startup redboot. My objective is to start from ROM and and test the ram
memory which is not being accessed by any other application.

Default is the ROMRAM startup in the freescale settings.

target: mx31ads
template: redboot

Following are the steps I have taken:

1) created a ecm file
~/src/ecos/packages/hal/arm/mx31/ads/current/misc/redboot_ROM.ecm
with macro CYG_HAL_STARTUP set to ROM

cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    user_value ROM
};

2) Adaptation of memory layout in following files:
cp mlt_arm_board_romram.ldi mlt_arm_board_rom.ldi
cp mlt_arm_board_romram.h mlt_arm_board_rom.h
cp mlt_arm_board_romram.mlt mlt_arm_board_rom.mlt

Entries in the memory layout point to internal RAM of MX31 instead of
SDRAM now. I pointed memory sections such as SECTION_fixed_vectors,
SECTION_data and SECTION_bss to the internal RAM of MX31 processor. Is
this possible?

3) New MMU table entry in
~/src/ecos/packages/hal/arm/mx31/ads/current/src/board_misc.c:

X_ARM_MMU_SECTION(0x1FF, 0x1FF,   0x1,   ARM_CACHEABLE,
ARM_BUFFERABLE,   ARM_ACCESS_PERM_RW_RW); /* Internal RAM of MX31*/

What else must be done to successfully create a redboot image that only
starts from ROM? Am I missing something? Any pointer to a documentation
or idea is much appreciated.

Regards,

Luqman Munawar