Re: Can excessive/intensive serial flow cause stack overflow?

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 11:57:50AM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Working on a new eCos application & I stumble upon a disturbing problem.
>
> I'm working with eCos CVS on an LPC2106 platform with 2 UARTs.

LPC2106 is an ARM right?

First off, i would enable asserts in the INFRA package. It adds some
CPU overheads, but that might actually help in your situation....

Next put a breakpoint in the abort handler. Once it fires, look at the
stack pointers, program counter etc for the supervisor mode and
interrupt mode registers. That should point you to what is causing the
abort. Also lr - 4 is the address which caused the prefetch abort. r14
is the lr.

       Andrew