eCOS on Freescale i.MX31

Hello,

We would like to run eCos on the Freescale i.MX31 processor as part of a product that we are making, and we have a phyCORE i.MX31 DevKit with the i.MX31 processor which we intend to use as a basis for HW and SW development.  Our own HW will not be available for a long time yet.
However, the i.MX31 is not listed as being supported by eCos or RedBoot on the eCos home page.  What we have, however, is the source code for a RedBoot implementation for a different DevKit having the same processor (the ADS board, I think).

Our plan is something like:
1) Port RedBoot from the other DevKit to the phyCORE i.MX31 DevKit.
2) Then build eCos for the phyCORE i.MX31 DevKit using the HW dependent layers (HALs ?) from RedBoot as the bottom layer.

This plan kind of depends on there being a common HW dependent layer for RedBoot and eCos, and that eCos above the HW dependent layer is largely HW independent.  Questions: Is this a reasonable plan ? Does anyone know from experience with eCos something about how difficult this will be ?  And has anyone done any work on running eCos on any i.MX31 based platform ?

--- Arne Legernes