Re: ARM EABI port / static constructor priority removal

> So back to my original question, what is your concept for replacing
>  them with something else. How are you going to ensure things happen in
>  the right order.

just my two cents about that topic - the global objects we are talking
about are singletons, right? So what about something like that

Cyg_Scheduler* theScheduler() {
  static Cyg_Scheduler theScheduler;
  return &theScheduler;
}

Ciao, Fabian

btw - I have no problem with the init-priority attribute. I believe
that avoiding compiler dependencies is nearly as hard as to be
processor independent. So, for the most OSes provided as source code
the user is supposed to use a specific compiler and with eCos one is
supposed to use gcc. It is also not possible to compile the linux
kernel using the Microsoft Compiler, is it?