Re: Regarding eCos startup

In message <ed9edd1a0803200000h65639621pb4b4591336dcbbca@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to port eCos on MPC8555 processor . MPC8260 is
> the baseline  I considered .

I think you are aware that there are a couple of significant
differences between PQII and PQIII systems...

> One silution is to use the way what Uboot had done, but we have to change
> linker script file (powerpc.ld ). This is not possible ,because it is
> under  " arch " directory .

It would be unrealistic to expect that such  different  architectures
could use the same memory layout and linker script. Consider creating
a  new  linker script for the new architecture. Power porcessors come
in a wide variety - expect that you  will  need  yet  another  linker
script when you port to the first 64bit system, etc.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
The human mind  ordinarily  operates  at  only  ten  percent  of  its
capacity. The rest is overhead for the operating system.