Re: Fwd: Re: RE: eCos configtool doesn't work on cygwin

Andrew Lunn wrote:
>> % ecosconfig new viper net //viper=target
>>
>> I have a freescale mpc5516 target.
>>

> As far as i know, there is no port to a board using the mpc5516. You
> can take a look at the cme555 and ec555 which might be similar.
MPC5500 share common peripherals with MAC7100: identical ESCI, simillar
IRQ controller. Perhaps you could start with MAC7100 port and replace
boot loader code and modify IRQ code. Of course you need to replace
compiler from arm to ppc. ESCI driver is written (I hope so) platform
independent.

Actually there has been some efforts to port eCos to MPC5500 but nothing
committed so far.

// Ilija