Re: target.ld error

> I choose the PowerPC simulator target and build it.

Did you build your kernel library with the PowerPC compiler or your
native compiler (gcc) ?  What's the value of
CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX in your kernel configuration?

If you don't know how to find the value of CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX:
1.) Select Edit -> Find... in the ConfigTool.  A find dialog box should pop up.
2.) Set the "Search In" field to "Macro Names"
3.) Search for CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX

It should be "powerpc-eabi-".  If it is, then you've been compiling
with the powerpc-eabi-gcc compiler that's on your Windows machine.
That's a good thing!

> My installation or build directory is c:\eCos-Work\PPC_install.
> After doing this and following the user guide, I try to compile the hello.c example.
> When I use the powerpc-eabi-gcc command, I get this error: bash: powerpc-eabi-gcc: command not found.

This means that either you don't have have the powerpc-eabi-gcc
compiler, or (more likely) that the command's path is not in your PATH
environment variable.

Usually the eCos cross compilers reside in C:\cygwin\opt\gnutools.  My
powerpc-eabi-gcc resides in:

C:\cygwin\opt\gnutools\powerpc-eabi\bin\powerpc-eabi-gcc

Make sure to use a cygwin formatted path (i.e. /cygdrive/c/...).

Hope this helps,
Mike