Re: Interesting problem surfaces after adding the basic IDE driver to a simple RedBoot configuration

On Dec 23, 2007 3:28 AM, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 12:05:20AM -0500, Gregg Levine wrote:
> > Hello!
> > Here's a new one. And unrelated to my earlier messages. I created an
> > ECC file based on the regular PC w/ networking via  an Intel device,
> > and then added the IDE driver. Finally I found and attempted to add
> > the ECM for floppy support for RedBoot. This then surfaced on the
> > output pane:
> > /usr/local/anoncvs/ecos/packages/hal/i386/pc/current/misc/redboot_FLOPPY.ecm:
> > error
> >     The savefile contains a cdl_option for an unknown option
> > `CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT'
> > /usr/local/anoncvs/ecos/packages/hal/i386/pc/current/misc/redboot_FLOPPY.ecm:
> > error
> >     The savefile contains a cdl_option for an unknown option
> > `CYGSEM_REDBOOT_VALIDATE_USER_RAM_LOADS'
> > /usr/local/anoncvs/ecos/packages/hal/i386/pc/current/misc/redboot_FLOPPY.ecm:
> > error
> >     The savefile contains a cdl_option for an unknown option
> > `CYGSEM_REDBOOT_BSP_SYSCALLS'
> >

> > Now the first time I made a release of Redboot but without that errant
> > IDE one, and booted it off of a floppy, it complained about the issues
> > related to the IDE functions. It maybe because the current target is
> > significantly older then the ECOS pattern. Then again maybe not.
>
> lunn@londo:~/eCos/work$ ecosconfig new pc_i82559 redboot
> U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0
> U CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_USE_INTERRUPT_STACK, new inferred value 0
> lunn@londo:~/eCos/work$ ecosconfig add ide_disk
> lunn@londo:~/eCos/work$ ecosconfig import ../anoncvs-clean/packages/hal/i386/pc/current/misc/redboot_FLOPPY.ecm
> U CYGHWR_HAL_I386_FPU_SWITCH_LAZY, new inferred value 0
> lunn@londo:~/eCos/work$ ecosconfig tree
> lunn@londo:~/eCos/work$ make -s
> headers finished
> /home/lunn/eCos/anoncvs-clean/packages/hal/i386/arch/current/src/redboot_linux_exec.c: In function `do_exec':
> /home/lunn/eCos/anoncvs-clean/packages/hal/i386/arch/current/src/redboot_linux_exec.c:261: warning: implicit declaration of function `cyg_hal_plf_screen_position'
> /home/lunn/eCos/anoncvs-clean/packages/hal/common/current/src/hal_stub.c: In function `handle_exception_cleanup':
> /home/lunn/eCos/anoncvs-clean/packages/hal/common/current/src/hal_stub.c:457: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
> build finished
>
> Builds for me. I guess you forgot to use the redboot template.
>
>        Andrew

Hello!
It does now. I should think you're right. I chose both the redboot
one, and the GRUB based boot that way option. (An ECM file of course.)

--
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude