Re: Rooki needing help: upgrading Meraki Outdoor

Xavier Martinez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to flash a "Meraki Outdoor" router with the openwrt
> kamikaze 7.09 firmware via Redboot. Unfortunately, the unit reboots
> after a few minutes of entering the redboot and we are not able to
> finish writing the linux and rootfs partitions. It seems like the
> redboot of this unit (unreleased version 1.3) has some kind of bug and
> we would like to load a newer version of the redboot. The board is
> identified as AP61 and we suspect that its athero chipset is based on
> MIPS 4kc architecture. We would like to gain ethernet and serial
> access in order to flash the firmware.
>
> However we haven't tried to update the redboot before and we wouldn't
> like to end with a plastic brick in our hands. We would be very
> pleased if someone could give advice on how to update the redboot on
> this unit.

This device is not in the public CVS, so help on this list
may be quite limited.

I would expect that you could build a RAM startup version
of RedBoot, load that and then work from there.  If this
works, you should be able to verify the proper operation
of the unit & RedBoot before committing any new ROM code.

I presume that you have the sources for the RedBoot in question?