RE: uart utility

Hi,

I am working on the same platform, mx31ads. If you want to transfer data
from host to target via UART, using xmodem protocol, you can try this:

If you are using, for example, Minicom on your host, you must first write:
load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} -m xmodem zImage
on your Redboot prompt inside Minicom. After doing this, the mx31ads waits
for an incoming file. Then, you tell Minicom to send a file by doing Ctrl+A,
S. A window pops-up where you choose the protocol to use in the transfer
(xmodem), and also you can browse and choose the file to be sent.

Also you can have a look at
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/redboot/download-command.html, where
load command parameters are detailed.

Hope this can help.

Gary Thomas wrote:

> Syed Ismail wrote:
> > Hi
> >    I have redboot running on mx31 ads. I have been transfering images
through a windriver debug tool. Can i transfer data from host to target in
redboot through UART,using xmodem protocol? How do i establish such a
connection (any host setup? i have a linux host)and what is the redboot
command to do that.
> >           I tried load -m xmodem -b 0x100000 /transfer/zImage. I get the
following..
> >         Cxyzmodem -CRC mode, 0(SOH)/0(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 0 retries
> >
> > What is wrong here. Help
> >

> With X-Modem (all RedBoot really supports), you have to start the other
end manually, including specifying the file to send, etc.

> The full Z-Modem protocol allows for the file name to be pushed to
(requested from) the host system.  At this time, however, Z-Modem isn't
supported.