Re: Ethernet driver question

I think the problem could be that your hardware driver has not been compiled. If you are using an existing board supported by eCos, and are using the net template of the board, then it must be something else.

Can you better discribe all of it.

First try to make RedBoot running.
Enable all networking debugging and check it at the serial output.
To see all network options, look through your ecos.ecc file made at compilation:
- CYGPKG_NET_FREEBSD_LOGGING, CYGPKG_NET_DEBUG, CYGDBG_NET_SHOW_MBUFS; for debugging in general: CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG, CYGDBG_INFRA_DEBUG_TRACE_ASSERT_FANCY
- in redboot you can enable network debugging as an option with fconfig

Success,

JÃrgen Lambrecht
R&D Engineer
Televic Transport Systems
http://www.televic.com
Televic NV / SA (main office)
Leo Bekaertlaan 1
B-8870 Izegem
Tel: +32 (0)51 303045
Fax: +32 (0)51 310670

Gokoen wrote:
Hello,

I am a newcomer to eCos.

I am trying to run LAN91C111 driver using "net" template,but I am encountered what I cannot understand.

My target board is implemented with SH7709S CPU and SMSC LAN91C111 ethernet controller.

Looks like doing nothing,so
I checked attach routine.

I discovered attach is executed at /packages/net/bsd_tcpip/current/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c
ether_ifattach(ifp, bpf) function's last part.

if (ng_ether_attach_p != NULL)
 (*ng_ether_attach_p)(ifp);

But I discovered that because ng_ether_attach_p == NULL,
it skipped over (*ng_ether_attach_p)(ifp).

ng_ether_attach_p is defined in /packages/net/bsd_tcpip/current/include/sys/param.h
#define ng_ether_attach_p cyg_ng_ether_attach_p
but cyg_ng_ether_attach_p == NULL.

eCos version is CVS downloaded current version.

I do not know why this happens.
Would you please teach me what shoud I do ?

I would appreciate your help.

Gokoen