Re: Notification of changes required for CPU support

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 02:46:32PM -0400, Scott Moore wrote:
> Right now, I am just hacking up the lpc2xxx series to get our stuff
> running without regard for lpc21xx and lpc22xx backwards compatibility.
>
> Hey, blame Phillips for creating an incompatibility in their own
> series.

Is this the only incompatibility?

AFAIK the lpc23xx series uses a ARM9 core and has more (different)
on-chip peripherals and memory. I have currently no clue about that, but
I think that supporting the lpc23xx in a different tree would make sense
iff there more incompatibilities than just the interrupt stuff.

But renaming the lpc2xxx in lpc21xx_lpc22xx is something I wouldn't do.
I would just leave it as it is, adding a new CPU without disturbing any
old once.

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown