Re: USB-CDC eCos configuration

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 05:16:10AM -0700, wavecom wavecom wrote:
> Thanks for answer,
>
> --- Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:20:20AM -0700, wavecom
> > wavecom wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I'm working on USB-CDC eCos based device.
> >
> > I presume you are writing your own USB-CDC driver? I
> > don't think one
> > exists for eCos yet.
>
> Yes, it is USB-CDC driver, I was trying to find
> already developed, but I couldn?t find any.
>

> > > I've met some problems with initializing the
> > device: Windows
> > > recognizes the device as another COM port, but
> > when I'm trying to
> > > open the port by the hyperterminal, I have message
> > "Could not open
> > > COM port". What would be the cause of such
> > behavior, below result of
> > > lsusb -vvv command on Linux (I can also send my
> > c-code of USB
> > > initialization if necessary).
> >
> > Do you have a trace of the USB messages sent
> > backwards and forwards
> > when the device is opened? Does your driver handle
> > all these messages?
>
> I didn?t try to sniff connection, today I?m going to
> install SnoopyPro and log trace of the connection. Can
> you recommend me similar software for Linux?

Take a look at linux-*/Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt

> > > Second question is, how to set
> > > Functional Descriptors like CDC Header, CDC ACM,
> > CDC Union, CDC Call
> > > Management? Are these parameters necessary for
> > proper operating the
> > > USB-CDC device?
> >
> > What does the standard say? Is there a standard? Is
> > this part of HID?
> >
> > What does Linux make of this device? Maybe you can
> > get better
> > diagnostics from Linux than from M$. At least with
> > Linux you have the
> > source code so you can find out why Linux does not
> > like your
> > driver....
>
> I don?t know if the standard of USB-CDC already
> exists.

You probably need to take a look at the USB website, www.usb.org.
Without having the standard you have no real idea what you are
supposed to be implementing.....

You might also want to look at drivers/usb/gadget/serial.c and the
associated documentation. However, since this code is GPL, you cannot
directly use it.

         Andrew