Re: Problems with ISR/DSR stacks

On 06 Jun 2007 10:31:37 +0100, Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> wrote:
"Øyvind Harboe" <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> writes:

> Enabling INFRA_DEBUG crashes my "rocket"...
>
> As far as I can tell the DSR runs run on the thread stack and not the
> interrupt stack(from inside interrupt_end).

No. DSRs run on the interrupt stack. This is what
hal_interrupt_stack_call_pending_DSRs() does.

Ah. OK. I'll have to dig into that, but that does give interrupt stacks a lot more oomph.

If you disable the interrupt stack then you have to deal with the
consequences. It is not recommended unless you know what you are
doing.

I haven't added interrupt stacks to my HAL yet, but is sure is on my list now(together with GDB support and a number of other things). :-)

Thanks for the clarification!

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA  developer kit