Re: ecos - new drivers?

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 09:59:16AM +0200, enrico wrote:
> HI.
> I am Enrico Betti, and I am working in a team that develop embedded
> system in Acqualagna (Italy)
>
> A question: what for new drivers fo ecos OS? For example if I want to
> use ecos as a base for a wireless router application? There is a guide
> on writing new drivers?

Hi Enrico

I suggest you first fix your mail system. Your email came from:
<enrico.betti@retematica.local> which is not going to work....

For device driver documentation take a look at

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/devapi-device-driver-interface-to-the-kernel.html

A WLAN driver is basically an Ethernet driver, so take a look at
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/io-eth-drv-generic.html

and study the existing Ethernet drivers.

Having said that, eCos might not be the best choice for a wireless
router. There is no routing daemon for eCos. There is no NAT. There
are no existing WLAN drivers, so you need to add all the
infrastructure for configuring WLAN drivers, SSID, channels, crypto,
etc. What it can do is plain bridging between interfaces. So i would
suggest you first take a good look at eCos before deciding you really
do want to use it for your application. Maybe Linux would be better?

   Andrew