Re: Problem with Hello world

Andrew Lunn a écrit :
On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 05:05:19PM +0200, David LONY wrote:
Yes I tried to compile with native cygwin tools but it seem to not work...
I will compile another version of gcc toolchain.. (it is perhaps the version of these tools which are too old)

Why do you want to compile it using the native tools?
Because my environment is Windows and I want to compile eCos under Cygwin (with the Linux Synthetic target)
But for the ARM question...
I compile eCos with the ARM7TDMI template but when I compile my hello world program I can't see the output.
It is normal ?

Does the simulator simulate the serial port? Which serial port does it
simulate? Is there a device driver for the serial port?

Andrew

I'm a newbie under ARM questions... I just want to know if it possible to compile eCos for ARM (with arm-elf-gcc) and seems to the Linux Synthetic target debug it with arm-elf-gdb and see an output when I compile a Hello world application? Does I need a simulator (like qemu or vmware) ?